Designing proper blueprints is a precise discipline—these will be a common reference for contractors in the industry and must follow precise specifications in delineating both materials used and locations. As such, each hand-drawn design will have:
• Specific Scale: (e.g., 1/8"=1'-0, or 1/8" on drawing measures 1'-0 on property)
• Accurate Plat Map: include exact layout and orientation of property (including house location and fence- or property-line referents where needed)
• Specific Plant Location: specifically locate plants in exact area of installation*
• Specific Plant Names, using both botanical and common names (e.g., Dietes iridioides or Butterfly Iris/Fortnight Lilly), the number of plants used and their size (i.e., 5/1gal)
• Specific Plant List, with details for recommended installation of plants, irrigation (where included in design), etc.
• Use of industry-standard terminology for common ease-of-use
• 4 Blueprint Copies of each detail provided
*contractor will be responsible for final location of plants to produce maximum aesthetics and effect
Lawn Replacement Rebates—Rebates for conversion from turf to low water-usage shrubs may also be offered by local water providers—please check with us for current availability and scheduling
Due to California's current water usage requirements, all plants used in designs will be as drought-tolerant as practical while being as aesthetically pleasing as possible; drip irrigation will be used except in lawn areas only. And all materials will be commonly available in your area (vendor recommendations will be included on request; plant ordering from local wholesalers available—check for details)
MWELO (Model Water Efficiency Landscape Ordinance)—many municipalities are complying with the new mandatory ordinances requiring specific water usage maximums on new and refurbished landscape designs and installation. We are familiar with these requirements and are prepared to appropriately work with them within city ordinances. These will be reviewed with each customer and their design so as to make sure all requirements are met.
Small area to side of driveway. Note short "good neighbor" fence — plants correspond to next door plantings
Detail of french drain next to lawn area
Detail of PVB Assembly for underground valves…
…shown here (drip irrigation system with pressure reducer, filter)